☀️ Let's Get Snappy☀️
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
- Matthew 5:16
When I hear the phrase, “Rise and Shine” all that goes through my head is the song I used to sing as a kid in church… “So rise and shine and give God the glory, glory. Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory children of the Lord.”
Do you know it? I know, it’s going to be stuck in your head all day now. You’re welcome ;)
But truly, the words of Matthew 5:16 should give us a sense of purpose. We GET to let our light shine before others. We GET to shine God’s light and love through our actions. We GET to be a vessel for Christ! How cool is that?!?
In this crazy time of COVID, it’s more important than ever to shine our light! So how do we do that? Here are some helpful tips:
- Speak with kindness--You remember when your mom or dad used to say, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s sound advice, even as an adult. Just even simply saying, “Hello,” can put a smile on someone’s face.
- SMILE--We have this free and simple tool in our tool bag--our smile! Now, I know with masks on this can be difficult, but this is something you could implement on your social media. Create a smile post or story and tag your friends. Encourage them to pass it on!
- Let’s get Snappy--One of my FAVORITE ways to shine my light is to send encouraging, silly videos using my Snapchat filters! They make my friends laugh and I get to help put a little joy in their day. Plus, it makes me happy too! #winwin
- Handwritten Notes--As a kid...ok, even as an adult, it’s so fun to get letters in the mail! Challenge yourself to just write one note a day to a friend or family member and send it via snail mail! Maybe add some cute stickers and your favorite Bible verse.
- Share your God stories--Always lead others back to the source of light--JESUS! Tell your friends and family how the Lord is showing up in your life. Ask your friends and family how He is showing up in their lives.
Sometimes we get blinded by the darkness that surrounds us and lose sight of the light. Can I encourage you to get intentional with seeking the light? RISE--Get up and start your day in the Word and in prayer. SHINE--Focus on shining God’s light to those around you, giving Him all the glory.
Lindsay Hollis Boatright - CTC Influencer