Funky Chicken Salad
Our Creative Director, Suzy Collins, has a yummy recipe to share with you that is perfect for summer! If you love chicken salad, but often avoid it because it's high in calories and fat, this chicken salad can remove those worries from your mind! Not only is it delicious, but it's packed with protein and all around good fuel for your body! You can check out the original recipe here.
What you'll need: (Serves 6 generously)
- 1 traditional rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 small apples
- dried cranberries - and when you make this in the winter, use pomegranate seeds for a fun twist! (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- salt & pepper, to taste (I’m a salty girl, so I’m generous with it!)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Pull the meat from your rotisserie chicken into shredded pieces to the size and thickness you prefer. I only used the white meat and saved the dark meat to be eaten separately. It is way easier to pull chicken off the bone when it’s warm, so if possible, do this when you get home from the grocery store! Set chicken aside to cool if needed or place in your fridge to speed up the process.
2. Chop up apples and celery into small bite sized pieces.
3. Remove seeds from pomegranate.
4. After the chicken is no longer warm, mix chicken with Greek yogurt. Then add your chopped apples and celery, pomegranate seeds, sliced almonds, and lemon juice.
5. Salt and pepper as needed, it is a sweet chicken salad recipe so I like to add a good amount of salt & favorite seasoning to balance it out!
6. Serve up on whole grain crackers or a bed of lettuce & enjoy with friends and family!
So what do you think? Are you going to give this recipe a try? (: