Hearty, Healthy Chili
This chili is the perfect warm and cozy meal for the chilly fall and winter nights ahead of us! Enjoy!
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves*, finely chopped
- 1 lb. cooked lean ground turkey breast
- 1 can kidney beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp. ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 tsp. crumbled goat cheese
Remember, a clove is only one of the little individual segments of the garlic. I just saved you from some major bad breath!
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat and add onion and bell peppers. Stir occasionally until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic. Stir frequently for 1 minute.
- Add cooked turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, and salt.
- Bring to boil. Then, reduce heat and gently boil for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Evenly divide the chili with friends and add freshly chopped cilantro and goat cheese to the top of each bowl!